Monday, January 10, 2011

Mass Murder in Tucson -- wait for it; oh, there it is

First, my prayers and condolences to those who were injured or killed on Saturday and their families and friends.

I watched the Sunday morning talking head shows; I brought along my super-sensitive, digital antenna system, being on high alert for any innuendo that the killings were somehow caused by the Tea Party. Dang; I coulda brought my bent, beat-up old rabbit ears, it was so obvious.

All Dems, to a man, said that it was caused by the tenor of political debate in this country or toxic rhetoric (read: the Tea Party); radio talk show hosts/shock jocks (Rush Limbaugh), and, oh yeah, Sarah Palin was mentioned by name in virtually every news story.

Remember when Clinton did exactly the same thing right after the Oklahoma City Bombings? It is just as immoral and unethical now as it was then. Blaming someone who sticks in your craw for all the evil in the world is, I guess, a permanent feature of the Democratic Party.

Yes, I know: the Communist Manifesto was found amongst his belongings, but it would be just as ridiculous to be blame Karl Marx as Sarah Palin for the actions of one young man who is seriously unbalanced mentally.

Personal Note
Yes, the thought occurred to me, during my candidacy for Congress, that some fruitcake with a 9mm slug would try to use it on me, but I immediately dismissed the thought. It kinda goes with the territory; besides, I have more important things to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment