Wednesday, March 16, 2011

the Tea Party stages a revolt

My hats off to the 50 or so Republicans in the House yesterday, who had the courage of their convictions to vote against the CR (continuing resolution, so that Uncle Sam will not shut down on Friday). The CR had no real budget cuts, so they voted against it, bolting from the House leadership.

They argued, quite correctly, that there is no reason the CR could not have the sort of deep, meaningful spending cuts that we need right now, not a fiscal year from now, including defunding Obamacare. By not including the cuts, it is clear that the House Republican leaders have surrendered on the issue, but will surely give the issue lip-service, but not much more.

I am getting a faintly sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, because I get a funny feeling that I know what is going to happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment