Saturday, July 23, 2011

Dear Mr. President, It Is Time to Eat Your Peas

Yes, I know: you love eating banana splits (throwing around $trillions like Santa Claus). However, you cannot eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner: the frig is nearly empty. It is high time to buckle down and eat your peas (big, painful cuts in the current year budget, not promises of same in the ‘out years’).

I remind you that the bond rating agencies have stated that just increasing the debt ceiling will not do. It must also be accompanied by deep, painful, politically unpopular cuts in all areas of gov’t spending, including food stamps, Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security.

(For the record, I love peas: they are one of the few frozen things that I will eat; a hunk of butter, salt, pepper, pinch of sugar, and genuine Paprika, and I can eat a whole bag of the things).

No comments:

Post a Comment