Sunday, July 21, 2013

Helen Thomas: journalist, trail blazer, woman, fierce anti-semite...

Oh, goody...I get to throw stones at the grave of yet another anti-semite.
Sigh...
OK, for most of you young 'uns, her name evokes nothing. When I was your age, the name “Helen Thomas” evoked truth and unimpeachable truth. If she said so, it was true. She was the dean of all journalists whom all tried to emulate. She was also the lead UPI reporter, the demise of both can now be pronounced once and for all.
When I was young, my nagging mom always cautioned me to not speak ill of the dead. Now that I am my own sentient being, veracity is the watchword. It gives me a tummy ache to say so, but she was also a fierce Jew-hater. In my perception of the truth, this fact casts doubt on an entire life's worth of journalism. Her perception of the world, including the Middle East, colored her, regrettably unreliable, words. An entire generation based their global perception based on what she did or did not say. Once her antisemitic views became known, her career, deservedly, went down the toilet, where her reputation lies to this day and should always remain so.
Likewise, Dan Rather's career also deservedly ended up in the circular file. So great was his hatred of Republicans, that he famously pushed out stories about President Bush (the son) alcoholism and drunk driving records, all false of course. His flat out lies cast doubt upon an entire career of journalism, as it should.
Like it says in John 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free



No comments:

Post a Comment