Thursday, October 3, 2013

the Obama Political Doctrine: my way or the highway

In today's episode of the Federal Follies, our protagonist has stated:
  • I will not negotiate the Debt Ceiling
  • I want a “clean” Continuing Resolution (CR)
Rather remarkable, if he can get away with it. You see, everything on Capitol Hill is negotiable, and nothing ever comes out clean. This is the life's blood of politics, ever since the dawn of civilization.
He and his advisors have made 2 astute judgments: that House Republicans will eventually cave anyway so why give an inch, and that if there is a government shutdown the other side will get the blame just like they did in 1995. I am not so sure that I disagree with these judgments.

See, Obama has accused House Republicans of an “idealogical crusade”, yet it is he who is doing same. If they do not play by his rules, he is taking his ball and going home.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled government shutdown.


No comments:

Post a Comment