Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Fast Food Nation/Schlosser is a Big Fat Lie

I was clicking around Youtube about food, and ran across this rather adolescent political
diatribe. No, I did not buy this book, as I refuse to support such political drivel. However, I watched a full hour of the author expounding his beliefs.

Contrary to what the author states, it is unarguably his intention to inhibit us from buying our meals at such fast food places. McDonalds is definitely the largest of these, so it is not surprising that he chooses this target rather, than, say, Wendys, Jack In The Box, Der Wienerschnitzel, Taco Bell, KFC, or Carls.

Most of the arguments I heard related to politics and economic equality, and NOT about the safety or nutrition of the food served. He pulls the old trick of railing against the sodium and sugar of same. Stuff and nonsense. Granola, health bars, and protein drinks have the same problem. He also uses the old technique of reciting a chemical additive with more syllables than the SF 49ers have Pro-bowlers. I herewith state my bonafides: I have a BS degree in chemistry from UC Berkeley. The chemical additives are not what you should be worried over. If you wish to be paranoid, then concentrate on the sugar and salt content of your food (and not just fast food).

He sticks his foot in the cowpie when he states that the “right wing of the Republican party” is responsible for the contamination of the ground beef supplies. He further slips into the dung when he claims that “Republicans” are responsible for the lack of worker safeguards.


In summary this excuse for a book is nothing more than your standard, Democrat/Liberal diatribe. I suggest you put it to good use: put it through the paper shredder, and mix in to your compost (you do have one, don't you?) bin. 

It is lunch time, and I am hungry. I shall have a Big Mac and diet Coke (no fries, please).

No comments:

Post a Comment