Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Anniversary of The Holocaust

This month marks the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz. I try to give credit where credit is due whenever possible. Thusly with this.

I was listening to the John Batchelor Show on Monday, 1/26/15 with Malcolm Honlein and Thaddeus McCotter about this. TM made one of the most important statements I have yet heard, and I paraphrase.

Every political leader should be required to visit the camp and related museum in Poland. It will remind them of the dangers and evil of power. The fact that the villains were Nazis and the innocent victims Jewish is rather beside the point. This tragedy, regardless of the identity of those involved, is a stain upon the soul of the human race. Period. Full stop. ICYW, I am neither Jew, Muslim, nor Christian, which makes this even more stomach-churning, because it seems to be so senseless.

I agree: never forget, or this tragedy shall be repeated.


No comments:

Post a Comment